Pages

31 Ways to Eat and Slim #8

Friday, January 8, 2010

8) Play up protein.

Basically this tip is to make sure you are eating enough protein. Self says that your eating routine should include some form of satiating lean protein, such as poultry, fish, legumes or low fat dairy, to feel fuller longer. Self says that these foods also have body-trimming benefits. Protein helps to burn fat.

My Skinny - Okay well I feel like with steps 1, 2 and 4 that we basically utilizing this step. First we are logging what we eat so you know if you are getting enough protein or not. Second, we are incorporating our skim milk in the morning and third, we're eating salmon for Vitamin D. So we're already making progress. I have said this time after time...I don't think I could survive if the world ran out of chicken. I eat A LOT of chicken because it's low-fat and it's a protein. So my new way of getting chicken in (since it can be kinda boring so Paul says) is chicken tacos (eaten with moderation of cheese and such) and roasted chicken which I am making in the Crock Pot (click to view the crock pot post for the recipe). The roasted chicken is so moist that when you warm it up again it's still moist and delicious. Definitely try it! If you don't have a crock pot try baking it in a oven bag, the initial meal will have the same moist and tender result. However, warming it up might be a little dry later. Also we bought a bag of individually frozen vacuum packed flounder from Sam's so we alternate chicken and fish. Try out different spices and such and you can make several different meals in a week with the same ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate it!

 
site design by designer blogs