Pages

31 Ways to Eat and Slim #28

Thursday, January 28, 2010

28) Toast lightly.

Basically this tip is drink alcohol but choose better drinks. Self says to drink white wine mixed with seltzer, or a flavored vodka with club soda, to curb liquid calories. Skip colorful mixed or frozen drinks, which can rev the meter to 400 calories per cocktail or more.

My skinny - Okay here's my deal with alcohol. I'm not someone who goes out with friends all of the time so I am not put in this situation regularly. However, if I am going to refrain from eating cakes or cookies ... things that I would enjoy eating....why would I drink calories? I just find alcohol a waste. I've never been one to eat and drink at the same time so I don't see it adding to the flavor of the meal. To me it's just a waste of calories that can turnout to be ... well not so forgiving if you over do it and at least with cake there is only the guilt of eating the cake.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate it!

 
site design by designer blogs