Pages

31 Ways to Eat and Slim #12

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

12) Tune out and turn in.

Basically this tip is to watch less tv and to get more sleep. Self says that for every two hours of tv you watch daily, the risk of obseity rises 23%. They also state that getting less than 5 or fewer hours of sleep per night can increase cravings for high-carb sweets and you are 55% more likely to be obese than people who get 8 hours a night.

My skinny - Okay let me just start off with a big HOLY CRAP! I thought what I was eating while watching tv was doing me in but just the act itself...AHHHH!! Get more sleep? Okay please tell Paul that me going to bed before midnight is not because I am an old lady IT IS MIDNIGHT not 9:30!! Okay so I now vow to watch my programs on DVR with no commercials...less time spent and if there is nothing to watch on DVR and everything is a rerun I vow to do something more productive. I mean there's always blogging (until they find out that makes you obese) As for sleeping...let's see normally I go to bed at 12 and I get up at 8 am so that is 8 hours....but it would be awesome if I didn't have to drag myself out of bed every morning sooo...I will try for 11 for a week and see if there is a difference at 8 am. Well gotta go it's 10 and my bed time is in an hour. Old lady needs her sleep!!

3 comments:

  1. Okay wait. I am starting to get jealous. First its January and you have a farmers market? And now you don't have to get up until 8 AM? and you can stay up until midnight? On a worknight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get too jealous...last Saturday when I got ready to go the the farmers market they weren't there because it was 38 degrees out. Apparently too cold for their comfort.

    So last night I am again told that I am an old lady because I wanted to go to bed at 11 pm so sadly I was bullied to stay up until 12. Oh yeah that is the biggest perk of my job ... I don't have to be here until 9:30! That might all end soon so I guess I will appreciate it while it lasts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess who was falling asleep on the couch at 8:30...Paul! I was like what's wrong old man it's only 8:30!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate it!

 
site design by designer blogs