Pages

Cease the Monotony

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

{Writing Exercise #1}
Sometimes I feel like a gerbil, running around and around on his wheel!  Each day I feel like I do the same thing over and over which is nonsense.  I feel that we all get so wrapped up on our day to day lives that we become insensitive to those around us.  I bet you can name three things that you've done recently to let someone down just because you were too busy with your day to day monotony.  Was it worth it?  Perhaps, our lives need to be ran more like a carousel....sure you are on that day to day wheel running around the same circles day in and day out but there's more excitement...there's the ups and the downs...there's music playing.  

I've really tried to make work less of my life.  I'm tired of getting up going to work and being exhausted when I go home and shoving life in on the weekends.  Weekends are never long enough, once you get a good pace going...it's time to go back to work.  

I try to take a step back when I feel like I am falling right back into that monotony.  I just step back and think about it for 5 minutes.  I think....what am I doing and how can I make this better.  Believe me there is a solution to fixing the monotony but only you can find your answer. 

Regardless of what you change...perhaps something that seems insignificant will change things enough to impact your whole outlook.  For example, I have switched up my route to work in the mornings which gets me out of going through a school zone so on the plus side less of a headache waiting on the crossing guards and going 15 to 20 miles an hour for what seems like an eternity.  I am not going to say that this changed my entire life but making one change leads to another and another and soon you don't feel like your in a rut.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate it!

 
site design by designer blogs