Pages

Shia's Healthy New Lifestyle Day 10

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Best Medicine: Laughter

I've always been the kind of person to say something witty and to joke around. Once in middle school, I had a friend that told me that her mother didn't like me because I laugh too much. I was like really and LAUGHED! So I did a little search on the internet and found an article about laughing.

Apparently humor and laughter has tons of benefits:

Physical benefits
Boost immunity
Lowers stress hormones
Decreases Pain
Relaxes your muscles
Prevents heart disease

Mental Health Benefits
Adds joy and zest to life
Eases anxiety and fear
Relieves stress
Improves mood
Enhances resilience

Social Benefits
Strengthens relationships
Attracts others to us
Enhances teamwork
Helps defuse conflict
Promotes group bonding

I will have to admit that Monday was the best Monday I think I have ever had. There was just something to laugh about all day long. It really did help with trying to be stress free.

Also laughter shared with others should not be singling someone out and laughing at them. That might not have the best benefits to them. I've also noticed that when someone is telling you about something that is bothering them...something someone said to them, a nasty email from a co-worker, etc., it's helpful to find a funny side to it. By the time you're both done laughing it doesn't seem so bad anymore.

Since laughter comes so easy to me and making people laugh, it's nice to know that it is actually beneficial and with that note I can't wait to watch Inbetweeners tonight on BBC...there will be a lot of laughing going on that show is HILARIOUS!!

1 comment:

  1. you have successfully made me laugh so hard I cried multiple times today, you should go into laugh therapy hahahaha...ok that wasn't that funny;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate it!

 
site design by designer blogs