Pages

Shia's Healthy New Lifestyle Day 13

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Healthy Soul

To be quiet frank, I am not a religious person and this is not a religious topic for me or this blog entry. So I'll just say that if you ARE religious and get your fulfillment in your religion. Keep it up and kudos to you, I'm of course not suggesting that anyone doesn't have a healthy soul, it's just tips to make it better just like all the body. [NOTE: No, I am not an atheist...I'm just not overly religious... it is my choice so please respect it like I respect yours for being religious (if you are, if not, I respect that too)] Now on that awkward note...

I've talked about healthy mind and nonstop about a healthy body so I was thinking...what is next? The soul. Honestly, I was like how does one get a "healthy soul"? Surely google will tell me 100s ways to get one and there's probably going to be one on sale on Ebay or Amazon (joking obviously). To my surprise, there isn't a lot of information out there. I'll share with you what I think constitutes a healthy soul and then tell you what I found with trusty google which will appear on my Day 14 post since it relates to Valentine's Day in a way.

So first off let's look at the definition of soul: (according to dictionary.com there are a lot definitions I picked a few)

1. the principle of life, feeling, thought and action in humans, regarded as a distinct entity separate from the body, and commonly held to be separable in existence from the body; the spiritual part of humans as distinct from the physical part;

2. the spiritual part of humans regard in its moral aspect or as believed to survive death and be subject to happiness or misery in life to come;

3. the emotional part of human nature; the seat of the feelings or sentiments;

4. a human being; person;

5. high mindedness; noble warmth of feeling, spirit or courage, etc.

7. the animating principle; the essential element or part of something;

8. the inspirer of quality;

Having a healthy s0ul seems to go hand in hand with a healthy mind and body. The soul is our inner being. The true root of ourselves. So nourishing our mind and body is nourishing our soul. Of course a soul is an intangible thing, we can't physically weigh our soul but when you feel the ease and peace within you know your soul is healthy and happy. The changes I have made recently have created an ease inside of me. I was giving all of the credit to being zen and not angry and forgetting that the ease is the ease of relief on my soul. We're all heard the sayings: rotten to the core, put my heart and soul into it, etc. What do these mean. It's all about your inner being and your true self. I'm working on making my true self a more zen and forgiving person. I've let so much negative build up that my soul was suffering. Make your life happy and healthy for your soul not anyone else or any other reasons. Do it for you, besides you're the one that's going to get the best reward for doing it and you'll be the one that appreciates it the most.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate it!

 
site design by designer blogs