Pages

Shia's Healthy New Lifestyle Day 8

Monday, February 8, 2010

Healthy Skin


So last year right before my 30th birthday I found a gray hair and I had a horrible zit, I literally said to the mirror... OMG pick a generation...old or young!! I often get a nasty under the skin pimple on my chin during that lovely time of the month. I have already been doing a few things to try to keep these pores unclogged. I started using: 1) Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent with 2% Salicylic Acid; 2) Biore Warming Anti-blackhead Cream with 2% Salicylic Acid or Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub with 2% Salicylic Acid stores often carry one or the other. There is really no difference except the warming one warms up when you rub it in also the warming one says it is for blackheads which isn't really the same as what I get but I think the warming does help bring the dirt up out of the pores. So since I've been using these products the number of flare ups I've had has seriously decreased. Well now I have gone one step further. I started using Bareminerals makeup. I love it. It is very light weight and very natural looking. It's also good for your skin and contains the magical salicylic acid. However, more glancing through Natural Health for Women by Beth MacEoin has yielded some more remedies for spots and acne.

Aromatherapy

Apply the following blend after cleansing and before taking a bath or shower (to encourage effective penetration). Gently wipe off any residue with a clean cottonwool pad after half an hour. Add 1 drop each of patchouli and frankincense and 2 drops of lavender essential oil to 25 ml of jojoba carrier oil.

Nutritional Approaches

Vitamin C is vitally important in preserving healthy skin tone and texture and fighting infection, but is easily destroyed in food preparation and cooking. Take a supplement, especially during the winder when you may not eat enough fruit and vegetables. If you have an outbreak of spots, take 500 mg of a slow-release formula of Vitamin C every day for a week.

Avoid fatty, greasy and sugary foods and increase your intake of fresh fruit and vegetables.

Drink 5 or 6 glasses of filtered or still mineral water each day. Keeping up your fluid intake assists in detoxifying.

Naturopathy

For a cleansing face mask, mix oatmeal and natural yogurt to a thick paste. Spread over the affected area and allow it to dry before gently rinsing off.

Again, I can't say that I am looking forward to my next break out but I will definitely try some of these treatments when I do .






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate it!

 
site design by designer blogs