Pages

Does it work?

Monday, April 11, 2011

So as I said...name a product and I've probably tried it or I'm thinking about trying it.  My lastest test was Sally Hansen Nail Effects.

As you can see there are many colors and patterns to choose from.   So starting off I was very skittish that this was going to work.  I wasn't really happy about the price which ranges from $8.99 to $10.99 depending on where you buy them and the fact that you only get 16 nail effects.  Never fear I found solutions to both of these problems.  First I bought mine at Ulta with a 20% off coupon (and/or use your $3.50 off coupon) and when applying the nail effects I realized I could use one nail effect for two nails.   So the box states that the nail effects will last for 10 days...let's see....

So as you can see I picked the black and white flowery pattern (which ironically is called Cut it Out...didn't I just do a post titled that....yes I did).  On the left hand side is how they looked Day 1.  They were quick and easy to put on and Sally Hansen supplies you with everything you need to put them on.  The best part...no waiting to dry!  I NEVER wait long enough...NEVER!!!  I took a shower right after I put these on and NOTHING came off.  

So on the right side you will see that Day 7 I had peeling from the base up.  The nail tips barely chipped or came off.  Part of the reason for the base peeling is that within these 7 days my nails grew to twice as long. Also I think operator error is part of the problem, I think the more you do it the better you will get at putting them on.  I think the black and white pattern also helped to hide any missing spots.  
So all in all I think this product will eliminate ANY need to pay for a manicure.  Even at $10.99 when did your last $18 manicure last 7 days.  I can never keep a manicure perfect for one day and these nail effects didn't become unwearable until literally Day 7.  

So now I am on the look out for them to do toenail nail effects....wouldn't that be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate it!

 
site design by designer blogs