Pages

There are sane people in this world...

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

So Kenzie, a good friend and reader of this blog, sent me a link to http://www.projectwedding.com/ because she saw a post regarding a green (meaning eco-friendly) wedding.  I had a bit of a run in with a co-worker that saw me reading a book about a green wedding and this co-worker felt the need to SCREAM at me that weddings are hard enough without trying to be green.  So anyways, I usually hate wedding websites because they are pretentious and act like all the rules of etiquette from the 1800s apply to every wedding today. So when I saw an entry titled "Getting Stiffed by Wedding Guests" I rolled my eyes yet clicked on it, I guess hoping that it was a play on words and not someone griping about someone not giving them a wedding gift,  alas, it was about not receiving a gift and how one should react towards these stiffing offenders.  I scrolled down to the comments expecting to see tons of women ranting about how they hated getting stiffed however numerous posts had comments that were shocking.  Women stating that they were just happy that the people came to the wedding!  Really?  These people exist?  I thought I was the only one.  Also, a comment was made about how all faux pas listed on wedding website are far fetched and not always applicable.  THERE ARE SANE PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD...just when I had given up on mankind...they show that their is STILL hope for us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate it!

 
site design by designer blogs