Pages

J'adore

Wednesday, August 11, 2010


Alice in Wonderland [DVD]

When we were young, my sisters and I, had this Alice in Wonderland movie that my mom had recorded off of the Disney channel, might I add...when they were running a free promotion, and we just absolutely loved it. Honestly, the movie didn't even start at the beginning she caught it when Alice had already fallen down the rabbit hole, yet we didn't care. It wasn't until like a year ago, when Paul and I frantically searched for it at Blockbuster and then found it onDemand, that I finally saw the first 10 mins of this movie. It was just one of those childhood things you would watch when you were home sick from school or lazy on a weekend. I swear we had to have watched that movie a million times. 

Also, when I was in 5th grade, we read Through the Looking Glass, which is Part Two of the movie. I volunteered to bring it in to school and our teacher let us watch it in class. It was great!

So now, I would like to say that I am now the proud owner of the DVD. I found it at Sams and Taller was with me and she even remembers it. $8.88 has now yielded a life time of watching it. So, I've been debating passing it down to Marissa or at least maybe giving it to her when she's a little older, she's only 4, so I'm not sure if she would appreciate the magnificence of this movie yet. Plus, now that I've found it...can I give it away? You're right I should just buy another DVD...lol.

So what makes this Alice in Wonderland so special? Well for starters, it's a musical and if that wasn't enough to convince you, it has like EVERY actor and actress from that time era...even John Stamos and Ringo Starr. The props and costumes were excellent and the special effects were pretty good for it's time. Have I said that it was magical? If not, I'll say it again...IT'S MAGICAL! Also, it's really shows children that Alice can overcome her fears. There are some "scary" moments for youngsters, so maybe you have a child who is afraid of the dark or monsters in the closet. GET THIS MOVIE! All they have to hear is Alice screaming at the Jabawoki at the end..."I'm not afraid of you anymore" and they are cured. Moreover, it's a pretty close match up to Lewis Carroll's original books.

"Alice...can you see us...dear girl...here in Wonderland...." okay sorry remembering the last song when Alice sees all the friends she made during her trip to Wonderland in the Looking Glass singing their goodbyes... magic I tell you...MAGIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate it!

 
site design by designer blogs