Pages

"Sugar Free" Choc Chip Cookies

Thursday, December 22, 2011

So Paul had us on this new kick awhile back…making chocolate chip cookies…sounds yummy right….well….here’s the snag…like every ingredient is switched with something “healthier”. The first batch was seriously disappointing…I mean it looked like a cookie yet didn’t really taste like a cookie. Well I’ve been doing some tweaking each time to this “healthy” recipe and I finally think I have gotten it to a point that these cookies are good. Well maybe I am just getting used to them but since it's the holidays I thought I would make some more and share ~ here’s the recipe for you to try them out.

1 cup of whole wheat flour
3/4 cup of oats
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
(mix dry together)

1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup of canola oil
1/3 cup of Splenda (I add just a tad more)
1/3 cup of Splenda Brown Sugar 
1 egg
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
(mix together and slowly add dry ingredients)

1 cup of dark chocolate chips (we like Ghirardelli and found them at the supermarket cheaper than Hershey's Dark Chocolate Chips...which we also tried)
1 - 1 ½ cups of walnuts (optional and depends on how much you like walnuts…we love them hence the 1 ½ cups)



Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 -12 mins Makes roughly 24 cookies

FYI these cookies do not bake like traditional chocolate chip cookies…they will not fall into nice little disc shapes so pat them down a little before putting in the oven. It's really hard to tell if they are fully cooked so I'd lean more to the 12 min mark because they are very chunky cookies. Also, in my opinion they taste better after they have cooled. Let me know if you make them and what you think about the taste.

Let me know if you try them and what ya think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate it!

 
site design by designer blogs