Pages

Me Motivated?

Monday, November 29, 2010

So I would think that if people I know were asked to describe me that they would say that I am the most motivated goal oriented person that they know. However, even I have a mental "to-do list" that I feel guilty about not doing.

Things on that list:
  1. Writing - I need to write MORE!  If only I could just plug a USB port into my brain and transfer all of it to the blog.
  2. Exercise more - Taller and I run/walk almost every weekday at lunch - but I feel like I need to do MORE!
  3. Work LESS - NO MORE OVERTIME!  JUST GO HOME LIKE EVERYONE ELSE DOES!
  4. Weekend woes - I feel like I need more motivation on the weekends - because I'm on "mileage restriction" (click to see blog post) I feel like now I am turning into a sloth on the weekends.  I watch TOO MUCH TV!
  5. Get a hobby - I don't think I have ever been able to answer the question "what are your hobbies?"  Any suggestions?  No....NO SCRAPBOOKING!!!
  6. Save MORE money - The "J" Fund (click to see blog post) is prospering at a nice pace.  I'm right on the money (ha ha) for what I planned when I started saving but at the end of every month I think....I can do better than this!
  7. C0unt Calories!!  I tell myself all the time that I need to keep a food journal and yet I never quite get it going.  (Today I actually did it.  I wrote EVERYTHING down...YAY!)
  8. Cut coupons - There are tons of blogs out there telling you how to save a boat load of cash by using coupons - Why am I not doing this?
  9. Drink more water - I get on a kick of drinking nothing but water then one tea and I'm off the water wagon.  (Today I actually drank my daily recommended amount of water...YAY)
  10. Stop going to Starbucks - Okay this follows with #6 and #9.  I spend a lot of cash at Starbucks and I say that it is okay because I usually don't buy food at work.  Well no more excuses....I have a canister full of tea in my desk - why go to Sbux?  (Today I had a free drink coupon and that's my last Sbux until I complete a 5k (running the whole 5k) and hopefully by then...I won't want it!)
  11. Eat breakfast - I hate waking up in the morning but I am gonna start making time for breakfast.  (Today I did it...YAY!)
  12. Hair - I want it to grow LONGER!  Okay there's not much I can do there...it's pretty long now...I just want like 2 or 3 more inches.  However, I see no real point in putting a lot of effort into straighten, etc. the white girl fro (click to see blog post)... I just work-out and there goes all the effort.  Yet I feel guilty. 
As you can see, there's tons more stuff I would love to be doing on a daily basis. BUT I'm gonna start working on this list. I've already started! If you are feeling unmotivated, make a list and start checking them off. You don't have to fix all of them at once. Just knocking off one or two will give you a good boost to get more of them done. As always, I will keep you posted with my progress. (Also, I feel like once I have all of this part of my daily routine, I'll have a new list. I just feel like I am someone that always has stuff in the works...well at least I'll always have stuff to write about!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate it!

 
site design by designer blogs