Pages

Training for running a 5k (Week 1)

Monday, November 29, 2010

o today Taller and I discussed working on getting me to a point where I can run a 5k without stopping. So here's how I am going to do it....

Week 1

Start with 5 minute brisk walk then 60 seconds of running then 90 seconds of walking. Repeat for 20 minutes.

Well I bought a cheap Timex (kids) watch with a stopwatch and I've been timing myself to see how long I could run. So how am I supposed to keep track of 20 mins of this run/walk sequence (see table below) but using the stopwatch I'll time the 5 minute brisk walk. Reset the stopwatch run until 1:00 then walk until it reads 2:30, etc. until I reach 10 mins then I'll turn around and start again. (I know ... genius ... lol)

Week 1

5 min brisk walk (bridge)

Run 1:00
Walk 2:30
Run 3:30
Walk 5:00
Run 6:00
Walk 7:30
Run 8:30
Walk 10:00
Turn around - Repeat 10 mins
End 5 min brisk walk (bridge)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate it!

 
site design by designer blogs