Pages

Organizing by Recycling

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

So every month I receive a Birchbox ... seemed a shame to throw them away.
So I came up with a use for them.
Here is the top layer.
Basically this is the lid portion to the box.
One box contains all my eyeshadows and small 
Baremineral items.  The other box contains my brushes and my
Miracle Skin Translucent BB cream which I use as primer.
The upper area space left from the boxes fits all my nail polish two by two.
and the space in between the middle box and the back box 
fits all my lip stuff and Benefit Poise Tint and the
one in the back (hard to get to)  put all my skin items 
and my Finding Mr. Bright kit (love this - post to come)

So if you remove the top two boxes underneath are the bottom of the boxes...
The one to the left contains all my Bareminerals face products, 
foundation, warmer, mineral veil, etc, the box in the middle
contains all my mascaras, eye liners, eye brow pencils, tools, etc.

Since it only took 2 1/2 boxes I just save the new ones I get for when the boxes
get dirty or wear out.  I'll just toss (recycle) it and put in a fresh one.

On the other side of the bathroom there's another drawer 
organized pretty much the same way but with toothpaste, deodorant, Paul's stuff, etc.
These boxes are great to keep stuff from sliding all over the drawers and making
packed drawers feel organized rather than a big mess!!

How do you store your makeup?

3 comments:

  1. SUCH a creative and useful idea Shia :) It makes me sad though - I was dying to have the similar thing to Birchbox in Australia...then we finally got it ("i love this box") but they've already shut down :( So still hoping we get a similar thing again!

    Anna xo
    http://www.lifesshinyprettythings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anna! That totally stinks that you don't have Birchbox or an equivalent. It is so popular you would think they would be right on top of it. I mean someone out there is making bank off of all the $10 subscriptions!

    Thanks for stopping by & commenting!
    ♥ Shia

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic idea! thanks for sharing!

    do you want to follow each other (on bloglovin' and gfc)? let me know!
    see you around!

    www.apossiblefantasy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate it!

 
site design by designer blogs