Pages

Beauty Bar Box vs. Birchbox

Monday, July 9, 2012

As you might remember (since I haven't posted anything about these in awhile) I receive a Birchbox each month.  It's a service where you pay a monthly fee of $10 for a monthly box of samples.  Well I heard about Beauty Bar Box basically the same thing but for $15 a month and I thought I would give it a try.  Well ... it was a bit disappointing.

a) Vincent Longo Vincent Longo Duo Lip Pencil

b) Borghese Tono Body Cream

c) vbeautévbeaute Eye Never Nourishing Repair Eye Creme

d) Jouer Cosmetics Luminizing Moisture Tint SPF 20

e) Sisley-Paris Hydra Globa Intense Anti-Aging Hydration
(sorry the print on the box didn't show up)

I guess it was just disappointing because I've already received (d) from Birchbox months ago and nothing seemed that great.  I mean a lip pencil...okay who cares and some creams doesn't seem like it is worth more than Birchbox.  
This Month's Box
This is my June box...okay nothing super spectacular
but I do love those band-aids.  


My June box had lip stain, bronzer, facial moisturizer with sunscreen and brightening masks.  The band-aids were a "treat" which each box comes with a special treat which sometimes is the best thing in the box.  

With Birchbox you receive points for reviewing the products and points when you order stuff. 100 points equals $10 and you get 10 points for each item you review.  Recently I cashed in 300 points and basically got a full sized product for free and only had to pay shipping.  

With Beauty Bar Box you receive a $15 off code for ordering stuff so each month you could save money if you want to purchase full size products you received and you can also rate the products with stars but you don't accumulate points so ... why rate stuff??

I think I will give Beauty Bar one more try ... if I think the next box is lame I am sticking with Birchbox.  Speaking of Birchbox my July box should be waiting for me in my mailbox.  I need to check my mail!!!

Have you tried Beauty Bar Box?
What did you get?  Anything good?
Do you like it over Birchbox and what do you think of Birchbox?

2 comments:

  1. Which one did you end up sticking with?

    Www.theeliteebony. com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first time i know about this type of products via this beauty bar..I am really happy to be here..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate it!

 
site design by designer blogs