Pages

Take a Fake?

Tuesday, July 12, 2011


So I read recently three tips on knowing if you are buying a fake designer handbag.  Well chances are if you are buying it off the street in NYC or from your local flea market it is indeed a fake.  Would you buy a fake?  Before you rush off and say no....what if you are getting a fake bag that looks real for under $20.  I'm not stating to purchase something for $100 that you indeed know is fake, but what if it was cheap and fake.  Would you care?  

If you go to NYC, you will get hit up from countless people trying to get you to buy a purse from them.  I bought a purse from a guy near Battery Park.  It was a black coach bag and had the actual store tags on it. I doubted it was fake...five finger discount maybe...or maybe it was fake, but for $15...who cares!  Plus, I now have a funny NYC street story to tell.  Also, if it is so horrible to have these bags on the market, why are there tons of them on sale on the streets of NYC, Fashion Capital and Capital for Fakes?

Also, my sister Debra told me about these Chanel totes being sold at a flea market here in Jacksonville.  I drove clear across town (which in Jacksonville is like 30 to 40 miles) to go to this ghetto flea market to get a Chanel tote for $10!  Honestly, this bag has held up longer than some Nine West bags I bought from an actual Nine West store for probably three times as much.

So real or fake?  My thoughts are .... cheap is best.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate it!

 
site design by designer blogs