Pages

Fire Lane

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Have you ever notice how some people think the fire lane at the grocery store is their personal parking spot (even though the sign states TOW AWAY)? Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about someone dropping off an elderly person, I am referring to the SUV/minivan of that person who is "just running in and out." Guess what buddy everyone is just running in and out of the grocery store. No one plans to stay forever. Every time I go to the grocery store there is a line of vehicles parked in the fire lane, so many in fact that it impossible to even maneuver around them to LEAVE the grocery store parking lot.

I had a Political Science professor at the University of Florida that did a lecture on how government is a cycle and that the next step after democracy (can circles have steps...anyway you know what I mean) is anarchy. (Then it starts over again totalitarianism, dictatorship, monarch, republic, democracy and the back to anarchy and repeat.) Is this one of the signs that anarchy is coming? Breaking little rules leading up to total "chaos." Did the fall of the Roman Empire start with something as trivial as someone parking their chariot in the fire lane? I guess will have to wait and find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate it!

 
site design by designer blogs